Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Snowy Day....


I got this random e-mail yesterday titled, "What to do with your kids so that they won't become bored at home in all of this snow." Are you kidding me??? Bored? At home? Home is where my kids long to be....all of the time. In fact, sometimes, I have trouble getting them out the door.
Here is a glimpse of what our home was like during our blizzard yesterday.

While the snow piled up outside, (just look at our gate buried in the snow!)


Amelia had to do the hourly measurement with the yardstick (20+ inches on top of 25 inches!),

while Leah took some self portraits with my camera,

Ben played on his favorite, Club Penguin,

and I tried a new recipe from a favorite cookbook.

Meanwhile, Mike and Amelia worked on her snap circuit kit,

and we found lots of time to play games (Monopoly, Monopoly Jr., Cooties, etc.).


I just love when Leah and Ben take these amazing photographs! Their perspective is perfect!

Ben took some time to create a truck for his dog. I love how he used empty ribbon spools to create the wheels!

And Maddie decided to create a bag to hold all of her tap essentials (after not having a brush and holder with her this week).


And I continuously watch my little lettuce plants grow and dream of the spring day when I am harvesting them for a fresh salad!

Hope your day was filled with passion chasing too! :)

3 comments:

  1. Yay snow!!! I agree with you ... plenty to do "at home" on a snow day or rather any day for that matter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia, I was just thinking yesterday that these boys are almost never bored and how different that must be than all the school kids home in the snow.

    BTW, I read recently about how the woman who invented the monopoly game did it to teach the evils of capitalism (I think it was in Mother Jones). Interesting, huh? Sounds like a good unschooling discussion to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :), yup.

    and -
    your brick is the same as mine!
    and I think your computer table is the same, too, maybe. :)

    and love the picture of Maddie making her bag.

    My Maddie has been after making a box the last two days, and I keep forgetting... :( that sunshine has me thoroughly distracted!

    ReplyDelete