Monday, February 2, 2009

Great Quote by John Holt

"To parents I say, above all else, don't let your home become some terrible miniature copy of the school. No lesson plans! No quizzes! No tests! No report cards! Even leaving your kids alone would be better; at least they could figure out some things on their own. Live together, as well as you can; enjoy life together, as much as you can."
John Holt

This is exactly what I believe.  And yet, it is hard not to get caught up in our society's belief that a school is where you learn.  At least for me.  I plan to come back to this quote when things get rough around here or when another homeschool mom says, "What exactly do you do if you don't do 'schoolwork'?"  It is just about this time that I need to take another Holt book out of the library......

No comments:

Post a Comment